Sunday, August 27, 2006

Tragédie à Target



My spirit was killed a little bit today by a Paul and Joe, white, leather jacket.

I know you all know I'm working on a budget over here, a budget that doesn't include the funds for a $139 white leather, ruffeled collar, motorcyle jacket.

At TARGET! Aren't they supposed to be a place where I can buy a $50 white leather, Paul and Joe motorcycle jacket?

It was love at first sight. I tried it on without thinking. And it fit perfectly, the collar was delightful. It would've been great layered with a mini dress and skinny pants. Or with my trouser jeans and some heels.

After twirling around in the mirror for a couple of minutes, I decided to see how much my new coat was going to set me back. And then I was shot down. The coat could not be mine. It was painful. I ran away from the coat, wheeling away my cart full of lean cusines and method cleaning products.

My roomate saw my anguish and kept saying, "I'm so sorry."

I'm just hoping it will still be around after next paycheck!

tag: Chicago Fashion ; Target ; Paul and Joe

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I ran from the coat"

Oh my god you had me laughing so hard (through my tears, bien entendu)-- that is one gorgeous coat.

~bluepoppy

8/28/2006 5:10 AM  
Anonymous Neil said...

It's a sad day when even Target is too expensive.

8/28/2006 6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home