Saturday, August 19, 2006

My Self-Indulgent Pontifications


I'm doing some clandestine blogging at work. I love it. I was just telling my 40 year old, gay co-worker about my blog. He said Chicagoans aren't fashionable because we're fat. It's true. Then we counted, out of ten people that walked by the window, how many were overweight, and there were only two. Who knows, maybe we're wrong.

But, what I do know, is that I sit in front of two big picture windows looking out on one of Chicago's busiest streets for 45 hours every week, and I see waaaay more atrocities than I do snappy dressers.

Today, I am here to send out a plea to all the women of Chicago:

PLEASE, please, please, stop wearing sweat-mini-skirts and those terri cloth, Juicy couture mini-dresses. If I have to look at one more woman in a pink ruffled sweat mini, I will vomit. My eyes hurt. There is better lounge- wear out there. I'd even prefer a velour track suit. Anything but those sweat-minis and rouched, flourescent moo moos. The End.


tag: Chicago Fashion ; Juicy Couture

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

that's so funny that you would decide that it was because they were overweight and then not really see any...i think that where i live 80% of the people are overweight...might have something to do with the fact that all food here in the South is fried.

8/19/2006 5:24 PM  
Anonymous Neil said...

"Chicagoans aren't fashionable because we're fat" -- yeah, but you have good sausages and pizza!

8/20/2006 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home